Provider communication responsibilities:
- Education Plan/Program
- Helmet use
The electric scooter manufacturer or distributor participating in this Pilot project must provide to the users of electric scooters, at the time they take possession of the scooters, training appropriate to the riding of an electric scooter. The training must include a theoretical component that provides in particular information on the Pilot project and the rules and obligations provided for in this Pilot project that apply to them. The training must also include a practical component. More specifically, the rider of an electric scooter must wear the safety helmet provided for in paragraph 2 of section 492.2 of the Code and, at the request of a peace officer, allow the peace officer to examine the safety helmet.
The electric scooter manufacturer or distributor must, after having provided the training referred to in the first paragraph, give the users an attestation of their participation in the training.
Data Specification Requirements:
- API (unspecified standard)
Required: inform the Société of any road accident involving an electric scooter and of any event that jeopardized the safety of the rider of an electric scooter and other road users within 7 days after becoming aware of the fact; send to the Société, not later than 30 days after the end of a quarter, a report containing:
(1) the number of electric scooters registered in the Pilot project;
(2) a summary of road accidents involving electric scooters registered in the Pilot project;
(3) the number of complaints received, the subjects of the complaints and the measures taken to remedy the situation; and
(4) any other element essential for the follow-up and assessment of this Pilot project.