The Permit Holders Electric Scooters maximum assisted speed on flat level ground must be governed to twenty (20) kilometres per hour (km/h) or less
Operating Area Types:
Applicants propose their Service Area; Applicants who intend to only operate in certain areas of The City may not be approved for the Maximum Fleet Size
Areas Where Operation is Prohibited:
Electric Scooters are permitted to be operated /ridden only on The City’s sidewalks, exclusive bicycle lanes, or pathways. Electric Scooters cannot be operated on or in the roadway area, except in exclusive bicycle lanes and crosswalks. In the absence of a sidewalk, exclusive bicycle lane or pathway, the Customer must dismount and walk the Electric Scooter.
Customers to not ride or operate Electric Scooters in locations within or on:
a. Roadway as per Bylaw 26M96, except within an exclusive bike lane or crosswalk;
b. Calgary Transit vehicles;
c. C-Train platforms, C-Train stations, Transit terminals, MAX stations, Transit ways and Bus zones;
e. Plus Fifteen (+15) skyway network; and
f. Calgary Parking parkades;
- Landscaping / parkway / furniture zone
- Public bicycle rack / corral
Permitted: on City Sidewalks, in City Parks and adjacent pathways, subject to all Federal, Provincial and City Legislation; must not be parked in a way that obstructs or interferes in the Sidewalk zone or Edge zone at any time; In the absence of a Furniture Zone, Electric Scooters must not be parked in a way that impedes pedestrians moving through the Sidewalk zone and Frontage zone to access any buildings. Electric Scooters must be parked next to the edge zone leaving at least 2.0 metres of sidewalk zone unobstructed for pedestrian movements. Parking Electric Scooters on the street in the Parking Zone will be allowed in residential areas, wherever a vehicle may be legally parked.
1. C-Train stations, Bus terminals, MAX stations, and Bus zones, except in designated parking areas;
2. Loading zones;
3. Accessible parking zones;
4. Wheelchair ramps, Bicycle ramps or curb ramps;
6. Center median islands;
7. Within 1.5 metres of an access to a garage or driveway;
8. Street furniture that requires pedestrian access (benches, pay parking station, bus shelters); or
9. Within shrub beds or within 0.5 metres of trees.