Provider communication responsibilities:
- Contact methods
- Community events/engagement
- In-vehicle info
- Multilingual interface/website
- Operation rules
1. Description of pricing structure, rates, and method(s) of communication to the customer.
2. Marketing and targeted community outreach plan (including a strategy to partner with bicycle advocacy and community benefit organizations, a culturally relevant and multilingual (Kannada and English) communications plan, and an equitable bike share implementation plan, to promote the use of the PBS system citywide.
3. Plan for educating users on proper bicycle usage, parking and other safety measures and etiquettes.
4. The name and contact information for the Bicycle Share Operator shall be displayed on all Bicycles.
5. The Permittee shall insist customers to park a bicycle properly within the designated area.
6. Customers using bicycles in systems issued a permit under this program should be provided with mechanisms to notify the Permittee if there are safety or maintenance or system related issues with the PBS.
7. Permittee shall have a customer service phone number for customers to report safety concerns, complaints, or ask questions
Data Specification Requirements:
- API (unspecified standard)
Permittee will provide the DULT with disaggregate/aggregate customer demographic data gathered by the system application using anonymized key that does not identify individual customers periodically as decided by DULT.
The DULT should have access to near real time data. This shall be defined in consultation with the operator at the time of issuing permit.
The operator shall also submit monthly operational reports indicating key operational parameters, which shall be defined in consultation with DULT.
Permittee will keep a record of reported collisions. These records will be sent to DULT on a monthly basis permittee shall provide the following anonymized data for each trip record to inform and support safe and effective management of the bicycle share system, and for transportation planning efforts. (Table 1) company name, type of bicycle, trip record number, trip duration, trip distance, start time, start time, end date, end time, start location, end location, bicycle ID number
Permittee will provide the following bicycle availability data for oversight of parking compliance and bicycle distribution by minutes. (GPS coordinate, availability duration, availability start date, availability start time)
Permittee shall distribute an annual customer survey as determined by DULT, analyse this survey and submit a report to DULT along with the raw survey data.
Permittee shall keep a record of maintenance activities, including but not limited to bicycle identification number and maintenance performed. These records shall be sent to DULT on a monthly basis.
Permittee shall report the aggregated breakdown of customers by gender and age monthly. Gender will be reported by male, female, and other. Age will be reported into these age groups: under 5, 5-17, 18-24, 25-34, 35-44, 45-54, 55-64, 65 and over.
Permittee agrees that DULT may use a third-party researcher to evaluate the bike share program. Data will be shared with the third-party researcher only for purposes of the evaluating or enforcing the requirements in this permit.