- Date Enacted: Oct 21, 2008
Goals and objectives :
- To obtain the most efficient possible use of existing and future transportation facilities and to reduce vehicle trips and vehicle miles traveled for work trips.
- To reduce traffic-related air pollution, noise, and fuel use from the levels that would otherwise occur within the city.
- To work through employers with twenty-five or more employees to provide employees with information on commute alternatives.
- To implement, at all employer worksites with one hundred or more employees, a trip reduction plan to achieve expanded use of commute alternatives and to monitor the effectiveness of these programs.
Key Definitions: "Trip reduction plan means any reasonable method or approach for providing, supporting, subsidizing, and/or encouraging the use of commute alternatives; including but not limited to matching
and placement services for carpools and vanpools, provision of carpool and vanpool vehicles, carpool and vanpool operating subsidies, carpool and vanpool preferential parking location and/or fees, fees for employee parking, provision of and/or placement services for subscription bus, provision of shuttle services, transit fare subsidies, on-site waiting and loading facilities for transit, travel allowances for bicyclists and pedestrians, on-site showers and lockers for bicyclists and pedestrians, guaranteed ride home and guaranteed transportation in emergencies for users of commute alternatives, on-site child care and other service/convenience facilities which lessen the need for a personal vehicle at the place of employment, and telecommuting." p.4
Citation: Chapter 24